Saturday, November 1, 2014

30 New Music Artists

I think I will take the definition of this one a little loosely and just say 30 artists...not necessarily on consecutive days.

#1: Paul Robeson: Black man, belting out with soul in the first half of the 20th century. Most famous for Ol' Man River from Showboat. My favorite: Let My People Go

#2: Harry Nilsson: Folksy crooner from the 70's. I ran across him because he recorded an album of standards in a very smooth style in sharp contrast to his hairy 70's image. After that I listened to some of his other, more popular stuff. My favorite: Everybody's Talkin

#3: Trudbol: One man barbershop quartet YouTube act. Young guy doing a classic style. My favorite: In My Life

#4 The Lower Lights: I have fallen head over heals for this group. They are a large group of musicians who are mostly white Mormons who sing gospel and folk hymns. I went to their Christmas concert. My favorite (really hard to choose!): Mary's Boy Child

#5 Str!ke: Discovered them from Provo City's facebook page. They are a local band there. They have a lounge sound with horns. My favorite: Warriors (M's favorite, too)

#6 Clean Bandit: A group with a similar philosophy as The Piano Guys. They mix classical with modern genres. The difference is they are British and they mix electronic with classical. My favorite: A+E

#7 Jake Shimbakuro: Virtuoso Ukulele player. The things this man can do with 4 little strings is amazing. My favorite: Music Box

#8 Gary Barlow: British Pop star. Former bandmate of Robbie Williams. I found him because he wrote the music for Finding Neverland and I really liked the catchy melodies in the musical. My favorite: Shame

#9 Kygo. European DJ with new age electronic feeling music. My favorite: ID

No comments:

Post a Comment